The new school year has started and is bringing a new, rich programme of educational activities for kids of all ages, from 6 to 17 years old, at JOIST Innovation Park. Play & Learn educational activities start on Thursday 19 October 2023, at JOIST. Their duration ranges from a few weeks until the end of the school term in June 2024, depending on the theme.
This year’s educational activities for kids follow last year’s, enriched with new activities for young enthusiasts of new technologies and teenagers-potential startupers! Robotic technologies, STEM, Virtual Reality (VR), 3D Printing, Augmented Reality (AR), Innovation and Entrepreneurship will be at the core of the educational program for kids, which will be implemented at JOIST. Young and older participants will have the opportunity to use their imagination, experiment with new, immersive technologies, enrich their knowledge through experiential and interactive education methods, interact, develop skills and share their ideas in a modern and completely safe environment under the guidance of experienced instructors.
In particular, the new agenda of educational activities for kids includes:
- Programming at the Innovation Park | Familiarization with Real Robots & Robotic Technologies: For kids 6-9 years old and 9-13 years old. It is an educational program to get familiar with real robots and robotic technologies, aiming to learn the basics of robotics in an easy way. This activity starts on Thursday 19 October 2023 and will take place every Thursday until 13 June 2024, 17:30 – 19:30.
- Robotics/ STEM at the Innovation Park | Educational Program: For kids 6-15 years old. The Robotics/STEM course will take place at the Innovation Park, in collaboration with CityLab. The STEM/Robotics workshops are addressed to all students from 1st grade to 3rd grade, with specific content and specifications per age. The main thematic areas are Robotics, Mechatronics and Computer Science. Classes will start on Monday 23 October 2023 and will take place every Monday until 10 June 2024, 17:30 – 19:00.
- Augmented Reality | Bring your paintings to life & play on JOIST’s Interactive Floor: for kids from 1st to 4th grade. In the new interactive, educational programme of the Innovation Park, the young innovators of the future develop their fine motor skills and kinesthetic intelligence by participating in the most entertaining Augmented Reality (AR) activity. This educational activity starts on Friday, 27 October 2023, and will be taking place every Friday until 22 March, 17:30 – 19:30.
- Teen Business School & JOIST: Developing Business Skills for High School Students : The No1 award-winning entrepreneurship education program Teen Business School, for young people from 14 to 18 years old, which combines lectures by university professors, speeches by entrepreneurs and market executives, and the study of successful businesses that change the world, is coming this December and January, at JOIST. The relevant sessions will be live in January 2024 for 3 days, with 12 teaching hours, and online from 27 to 30 December 2023, for 4 days, with 17 teaching hours.
- Greek Mythology | An Innovative Learning Process with 12 Augmented Reality Applications & 3D Printing: JOIST in collaboration with the startup Pi tech, invites young children to participate in this educational activity. The main objective of the activity is to make young participants understand the influences of Greek mythology and the twelve gods of Olympus on the arts on a global level through the use of new technologies and attractive pedagogical approaches. This activity starts on Tuesday 24 October 2023 and will take place every Tuesday until 23 January 2024, 17:30 – 19:30.
- Virtual Reality | Make Your Own Space VR Game: In this educational program, kids from 12 to 16 years old develop their own space virtual game. With the help of a dedicated instructor, they learn the basic tools and concepts of Virtual Reality (VR) and cultivate their ingenuity as they create a VR game inspired by space. The activity starts on Friday, 27 October 2023, and will take place every Friday until 15 December 2023, 17:30 – 19:30.
At JOIST, learning and learning about technology, innovation and business take on a new and more fun dimension for children.
Learn more and register for the new programme of educational activities with one click on the official JOIST events page or by calling 2410 234422. See you there!